Friday, June 21, 2024

The big flaw with the “move on if you don’t like it argument”


@john2001plus
0 seconds ago

Hey Thor, 

I don't have blind allegiance to Star Wars.  I don't know of anyone who does.  However, when every Youtuber tells me how bad The Acolyte is, I'm dumbfounded, because I have really enjoyed it. 

The Acolyte could be better, but not every show will be another Andor.  I realize it is not the best, but I enjoy it for what it is. 

The show has created a mystery that I assume will have a good payoff.  This anticipation has sparked my interest.  I could be totally wrong here, and the payoff might be terrible. 

I have an enormous investment in Star Wars that goes back to 1977 when I saw Star Wars around my 17nth birthday.  I just turned 64 and I am still deeply interested in Star Wars.  For this reason, I might enjoy a Star Wars series more than a different series of roughly equal quality.  I care about what happens in the Star Wars universe, and being part of that universe is part of what makes it entertaining. 

Best wishes, 

John Coffey

No comments:

Post a Comment