Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Doctor Who: The Church On Ruby Road Review (Ups & Downs) - YouTube



Although barely passable as entertainment, this did not feel like Doctor Who. It fails in every respect. We see less of the Doctor than normal, and what we do see lacks any gravitas. He is comical and comically bad. When Ncuti Gatwa proclaims, "I'm the Doctor!", I'm not convinced. This show will have to win me over, and I hope that it does, but it is not a good start. Jodi Whitaker was preferable to this.

To be honest, making the new Doctor a gay character is such a departure from the 60-year history, that it is effectively a different show. Maybe this is what they mean by, "NEW HOME. NEW WHO." Those of us who want some continuity to the character are going to lose interest.

Compared to other companions, Ruby is pretty dull. So far, there is nothing that I like about her.

This used to be a fantastic show, but that was like 13 years ago. If they can turn this into a good version of Doctor Who then I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment