Saturday, June 4, 2022

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Review | "Memento Mori"

Some people dislike Discovery for its obvious Woke agenda.  Nobody is against representation, since Lando Calrissian and Princess Leia are fantastic characters.  However, when it is obvious that they are pushing an agenda, the audience feels like it is being lectured to, like the time Disney/Lucasfilm said that they weren't going to hire white males.  Racial discrimination is still discrimination no matter who it is against.

I complained about Star Trek Discovery season 4 having a bridge crew that was all female.  It is The Ride of the Valkyries.  All the males were either passive or gay.  How is this "representation"?

Nevertheless, I think that Season 2 of Discovery is considerably better than Season 1.  I really enjoyed it.  I also think that Season 3 is an improvement.  I wasn't near as fond of Season 4, but I still found it enjoyable.

Season 2 of Star Trek Picard makes for passable entertainment, but it feels borderline mediocre.  It is essentially a remake of The Voyage Home with a Borg plot. 

--

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 6:41 AM Steve wrote:

thanks john I will give s.n.w. a try   had not watched trek since discovery.

(yuk)  well I enjoyed picard season 1 havent paid for season 2 because of discovery

On 6/3/2022 7:18 PM, John Coffey wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVAG1UlGtg

The new series "Strange New Worlds" has been knocking it out of the park.  This is interesting since I wasn't too excited about the first episode, and I assumed that people were drooling over it for the simple reason that it didn't suck.  It is certainly better than Star Trek Picard and less controversial than Star Trek Discovery.

--   visit our really new inventory page with photos!  https://daytonahybrids.com/inventory.php



No comments:

Post a Comment