Friday, August 27, 2010

Rookie Blue TV series: First impressions


O.K., I admit it. I am hooked. This show wants to be a cop drama, comedy, and soap opera all at the same time. Everything but the comedy works. The show feels somewhat low key: It is more about the characters evolving than some high tension police drama. This is what keeps me tuning in every week.


I liked Melissa "Missy" Peregrym so much in Reaper, she comes across as just too nice to be a hard ass cop. 

I don't have much faith in mid-season replacement shows, which are typically the shows not good enough to make the fall lineup. Rookie Blue is more of a summer replacement show, which means that maybe nobody is watching.


Fortunately the show has been renewed for a second season. Apparently somebody is watching. The first season only has 13 episodes, of which 9 have aired.. By the time my favorite fall shows come on, like House and Stargate Universe, Rookie Blue will be just a memory until sometime in 2011.

John Coffey



P.S.  I wanted to have my own BLOG just devoted to this show, but that was overly ambitious.  If anything interesting happens on this show, I will post it to my regular TV BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment