On Netflix streaming right now: Dark Matter - seriously interesting.
It starts out like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandorum where people wake up on a spaceship not knowing who they are.
Favorite TV shows...
2. Doctor Who (2005 version. Not the old crap.). The first season starts out a little silly, but gets better. The series really peaked in season 6.
3. Battlestar Galactica (2004 version. Not the old crap. The miniseries that preceded the regular season started in 2003.) The last season is weaker but still OK.
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Joss Whedon) Doesn't become great until midway through season 2, but still otherwise good. Seasons 3 and 5 were the best. The show is uneven, but when it is really good, it is extraordinary.
Firefly, directed by Joss Whedon, deserves honorable mention.
All three Stargate series were really good:
1. Stargate SG1 (It helps to have seen the Stargate movie with Kurt Russell). The show is better than the movie.
2. Stargate Atlantis.
3. Stargate Universe. (Starts out uneven but gets really good.)
Other science fiction shows that I found interesting: Flash Forward. V (2009 version. Not the old crap.) The Event.
Honorable mention because of Eliza Dushku https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliza_Dushku:
Dollhouse (directed by Joss Whedon.)