Friday, November 27, 2020

Best episode yet? (The Mandalorian Review: S02 E05)


On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 9:42 PM John Coffey <john2001plus@gmail.com> wrote:
When we first saw Ahsoka Tano, she was 14 years old. According to the timeline, the Rosario Dawson version of Ahsoka is now 45.  

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 9:26 PM John Coffey <john2001plus@gmail.com> wrote:

My comments as follows...

I don't like the name "Grogu" for the child.  It is too hard sounding.  I was calling him "Yodle", the product of Yoda and Yaddle. 

I think that the species should be called "Yode", with Yoda being a variant on the species name.

Did anyone else notice how excellent the music is in this episode?   We seem to get a new theme for "Grogu".

I had to watch the episode a second time to clarify my feelings on it.  Ahsoka seems to be on a killing spree right from the start and this continues throughout the episode.  I think that Rosario Dawson doesn't look nor sound exactly like Ahsoka Tano, but I got used to the way she looks and sounds.  The story seems derivative of Samurai movies, and the series is starting to get repetitive.   Nevertheless, the execution of the episode was fantastic, perhaps the best we have seen.





The child:  "Grogu".



No comments:

Post a Comment