Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Marina Sirtis Explains Why She Doesn’t Watch ‘Discovery’

Sirtis talks Discovery and how Star Trek should return to morality tales.

Marina Sirtis, Star Trek: The Next Generation's Deanna Troi, was on the same panel, and after the discussion about Klingon designs, she explained why she can't really weigh in on the topic:

"I have never watched it…I am going to explain why I don't watch Discovery, before they all hate me. We were on the best Star Trek show. If CBS thinks I am going to pay to watch Star Trek, they are demented. I will wait until I go to England and watch it on Netflix, which I pay for anyway."

Although she hasn't seen the show, Sirtis sparked speculation on when she visited the set while Jonathan Frakes was shooting the second episode of the second season of Discovery in May. The actress got the crowd laughing when she spoke briefly about why she can't talk about her visit:

"When I went to visit Jonathan [Frakes] on the set of Discovery, I had to sign an NDA…I swear to god, we have to sign – Gates, don't we have to sign so many NDAs, we feel like one of Trump's mistresses."

No comments:

Post a Comment